Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Easy maintenance CL72_Point, the plug cap and the ignition coil

I have to get the new battery.Replace it. This old battery.
Resin is transparent.
This is a convenient visible middle. Modern product is usual milky resin.


I was replacing the plug code, it is as plastic by deterioration.
IG coil is large. This is an open magnetic circuit.
By the way modern coil is a closed magnetic circuit type. Closed magnetic circuit type is a compact, high efficiency.
However, since the closed magnetic circuit type are wound coil in the steel core, it's a coiling stake shape.


Connection part of the IG coil and plug cord.
I saw for the first time this kind of structure.
Modern IG coil is only by screwing the wood screws.


Plug cord and plug cap is no standard change, from a long time ago.
It fits in what can be normally available.


I will maintenance also the primary side of the coil.
Capacitor is attached between the point and the IG coil. This should have the absolute capacity leakage death.
If the new is not available, I will be on pins and needles.
I do not know what the capacitance is how much a of about this. I can know if do with it? I had thought.


I earnestly examined. New is available at Yahoo! Auctions.
However, it can not be fixed.
It was necessary to bend it by hitting the bracket to fix it.
The bracket was chunky. I was worried did not break.


After that, the old car annual point Shine + gap adjustment.

I have replaced the individual oil seal in front of it.


Individual oil seal had the most deterioration, among all of the oil seal.
Maybe, ozone is generated in the spark of the point. So this should have a clutter all the way ozone.

I polished the contact point in a normal file. But it is hard, it was not shaved at all slipped. So I was polished with a diamond file. What material? Tungsten-based?

I polished the contact point in a normal file. But it is hard, it was not shaved at all slipped. So I was polished with a diamond file. What material? Tungsten-based?
I tried to kick this kick pedal before it polish, but it did not at all spark.


Appropriate value of the points gap is 0.35mm. This is the value that I found on the Internet.
You may be adjusted it here screws while through the thickness gauge.


I kicked the kick pedal, Then was the spark.
Spark of the ignition point is intense.
It's like a pachipachi-punch.


Once upon a time in the article of old-timer magazine, Mr. Cologne Ishizuka had to compare the transistor and the point.
Towards the point there was a power. It is convinced.

This image is appearance closed the point cover. This design's nostalgia.



No comments:

Post a Comment