Monday, August 31, 2015

Easy maintenance CL72_The difference of rear brake wire , early and late.

CL72 is an old bike. Chain is the reverse side, even though Japanese bike.

CL72 is an old bike. Chain is the reverse side, even though Japanese bike.
Usually rear brake drum bike there is a brake panel on the right-hand side. So, it will be equipped with a brake rod.
This photo (SR500)



But, CL72 is the brake wire.


This is 50 years old wire.


I began to exchange work. But, the lock pin groove there was no, it provided the original is.


I was working with a drill.
When I buy this, I was written this way. "If you are assembling this wire in early type requires modify."
Will that of this modify?

This vehicle early type when it's so. I Judging from the vehicle identification number, which was I thought late type. This, fixed a lock pin ↓


I clean the hole of the brake shaft. Through the inside of the frame pipe runs through the shaft.


Spline of the brake shaft had collapsed slightly.
Correct with triangular file
And applyed a grease abundantly
Assembled.



I think it would incidentally to the tension adjustment of the chain. But it was fixed in the tap and die because the screws had been locked. Then I did a tension adjustment.





No comments:

Post a Comment